10 November, 2011

Will You Even Consider Removing Your Own Fingernails?


Will You Even Consider Removing Your Own Fingernails?


I originally planned to write this as a Facebook status until I no longer have the space to continue on what I want to say.

I watched 'Puss in Boots' with my friends last Saturday. I watched it because Puss looks like Champ, my Puspin (pusang pinoy or Filipino cat). The plot was simple and the ending is predictable. What I liked about it is its subtle way of touching the issue of declawing cats.

If you don't want to get scratches on your legs or bed sheets or furniture, DO NOT GET PETS WITH CLAWS. These animals use their claws to protect themselves. Declawing them is equivalent to you removing your own fingernails for life. Will you even consider removing your own fingernails? 

Declawing can bring a lifetime of pain and suffering; not to mention, losing their chance to survive or defend themselves if they have to. If you wish to lessen the pain it causes when they accidentally scratch you due to playfulness or simply their wanting to call your attention, simply clip their claws like you trim your nails. These cats can be trained to use a scratching post or direct their attention to something else every time they feel the need to scratch. Cats scratch because it is part of the whole routine of grooming themselves. They remove dirt and old materials from their claws. They don’t do it for fun or just because they want to get back at you for something you did. I bet the Net has hundreds of links to help you understand your pet and its behavior. For now, I hope this photo shows us exactly what happens during declawing.





…AndI have not even covered detoothing. Sigh....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...