23 October, 2013

Dear Sir

Photo from here

Dear Sir, 

I disappointed you big time. Yes, I have failed your expectations of me. I wanted to apologize for not being able to meet what you expected me to reach so I reached out to you the way one should. I invited you for a talk because I believe that that's what mature people do. It was also what you said you believe in. But you closed you doors and ignored me. Instead, you talked behind me while I try very hard to keep my mouth shut and only talked to the right people. Now, the right people do not seem to be the right people anymore. Now, I realized that sometimes you have to keep things to yourself in order to protect yourself. I was honest to the right people but it's hard to establish the truth when it's coming from four different conversations. I stopped being too honest. I learned.

You removed me from a social networking site, which I thought was childish but acceptable. However, you also removed me from a professional distro to prove that your circle can work without me. Maybe you were right in your assumption but you were wrong in your move. The latter wasn't just childish, it was unprofessional. You bashed me in every possible way you can, in most cases, you did not even think about the words you said. Some of my words you didn't understand, you just went ahead and bashed me the way you bash people whose appearance you didn't like. You did not support my undertakings, you blocked every opportunity I opened. People would go to me and asked me why, and I will just shut up. Some did not even find the words but just shook their heads. 

You did not settle with your cheap comments to the people around you. You used other avenues to spread your thoughts but, obviously, contradicted your own words with your own actions. You did not stop but went ahead and insult my circle of friends, judged us, and treated us like we are dispensable members of your circle, something that is not new to us. We hear, know and see so many things but we keep ourselves on the right lane because if we snap, we'll just be another version of cheap. 

If your goal was to hurt me and my team with your insults, you won. I was hurt. We were hurt. If your goal was to make me cry, I did. Oh no, I did not. I wept for hours because of you. You are the meanest person I have ever encountered in my whole life. You have made me lose a little bit of my trust in humanity. If your goal was for others to think lowly of me or my people, maybe you were successful a little bit. But if your goal was to dampen my spirit and my joy, you will never ever win. I may not get people on my side because of your power, but I will surely keep my humanity in good shape.

As you push me to my breaking point, I get to discover so many things about myself. I win. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...