25 August, 2010

One At a Time

I met this great friend of mine from half the world who brought me back me to church, toured me around his country and taught me Photography (not necessarily in order). One time we decided to write each other how God has been good to us each day for 365 days.

This is the 21st entry to Project 365 written 31st of May 2010.

One At a Time

This is the final week before my Dance Recital so imagine how cold my feet are. I have not been feeling well since last week and with all the new projects happening at work; it seems so easy to just give up and make life easier. As days go by, the steps become more and more difficult and the beat gets faster and faster; not to mention three dance scholars being added to our team who could make us look like we don’t know what we are doing! Ha! … But should I lose grip?

Filipinos have this bad habit called “Ningas Cugon”. It refers to the mentality of starting something with so much enthusiasm and eventually not being able to finish it. We could have a bad habit such as this even in our Christian life. We become eager to do things for God – pray, disciple, read the Bible, go to church, talk about Him, share His blessings – but sometimes our enthusiasm goes down when certain things arise. We lose grip when we should actually hold on even tighter. It is a chance to tighten our grip.

The next time your feet get cold about anything, try taking things one at a time and find out eventually that you made it to the finish line. "Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing." (James 1:2)

Looking ahead to my Dance Recital may be too much to bear for now; so I will go through it one day at a time. I will join the sessions, then the technical dress rehearsal, then the Final Recital – maybe I could make it this way - One at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...