10 June, 2012

34: With my Boots On


D’J Warld Specialty House
Zambales, PH
June 10, 2012
Project: Food and Thoughts 34


We just finished our outreach project in Aeta Children’s Home, which I am going to talk about on another entry. Ten, a good friend of mine, was so nice to offer his car to help accommodate 6 more participants for the said activity. She paid for the gas expenses. It was a good save for the club. I will talk about the whole trip on a different entry too.

Although the resort we stayed in offers free breakfast we still opted to stroll the sleeping streets of the town and looked for a best place to dine in. We've gone far, really far; only to find out we can find one near we were. 

We went to D'J Warld Specialty House conveniently located near the City Hall. With the hot pandesal we bought on our way, we ordered their specialty Beef Mami. It took them some time to prepare it. We were even throwing jokes to each other on why it's taking them too long to serve it. We were rowdy, hungry and impatient until they served it. We were quiet enjoying the hot beef soup on a cold morning. The beef was so tender and the serving is big. It goes very well with our hot pandesal with cheese. The soup was so tasty. We stared at each other and was silent for a moment. Then, loudly praised how good it was. It was worth the wait. 

@ P55-
When we're almost done and the sky is starting to show its light to welcome the day, we saw a very old man comfortably seated on a rocking chair enjoying his newspaper and,what could be, coffee. 

We started making up stories. He is probably enjoying his retirement benefits now and does this everyday - coffee+newspaper every morning in his terrace with a good view of the rising sun and the feel of the cold morning breeze. 

I loudly asked, "I wonder what I'd do when I get that old." It's either I made the rest wonder with me, or wonder for themselves or wonder about how weird I was asking that question. I answered my own question. I said, "I want to die with my boots on!" 


I meant it. 


When I retire and reach my dying age, I pray to God that he still gives me the strength to do what I love to do. I can retire from work but I don't ever want to stop living. I want to dance, travel, write, laugh and love God until my dying days. And most of all, I want to die with my Project Tenfold Circle boots on and see God's awesomeness as I wear it.



With Jem & Ten (not on photo)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...