02 March, 2013

Destination Bataan : Attraversiamo 2013 - 2nd Leg


I have never looked at this snack pack with so much fulfillment. I will tell you why a little later.


This trip is another one of those I-wasn't-really-part-of-the-plan-but-am-so-glad-I-got-dragged travels.
When it comes to traveling, I think I can be dragged by anyone. Ha! It was a planned trip by another group and I just happened to have been invited by one of them. I did not have second thoughts, these people I will be with, I know from work. I should be A-ok!

L-R Mia, Mitch, myself, Jem and Cathy

Cathy hosted this trip. She was very nice to have let us visit her home and see her family. Other than meeting her family and being together, the highlight of this trip was being able to visit an old school Pinoy carnival as part of the town's fiesta. This is more popularly known locally as "perya". It is a distinct manifestation of how Filipinos celebrate town festivities especially in the countryside. I love Peryas.


Just imagine how much of our childishness came out when we gave ourselves these rides. Oh boy! It was awesome!



Cathy and Ten
With Jem

But what tops it all? Shooting!

Ten shots for P15 was a good deal, especially for a kid? If I get at least 5, I get my group something to munch on on our way home. I shot 7 toy soldiers, thus the Ding Dong snack packs you saw above. Not bad! I squealed with delight over my little big accomplishment.


We chose the possible and acceptable ride for us. I mean those which can carry an adult weight. We'd get on it and find ourselves laughing and laughing at our foolishness to pretend we are actually scared of the horror ride and the speedy caterpillar rides. Fun indeed!

L-R Jem, Cathy, myself, Mitch and Ten

On our way home, we stopped to adore this overlooking view of the nearby port.


An unplanned road trip, with new and old travel buddies, 90's music, carnival rides, drinks and secrets, a shot of the moon and a rainbow. Amazing experience!

Every travel is always, always worth the time because in each we discover who we are and the people around us.We don't have to know all the secrets of each other but to know that people are comfortable to tell us of its existence is already something to settle for.

Here's a view of the sky just before we left Bataan. Enjoy the hope it gives.



Travel Dates: February 24-25, 2013

Photo Credits

Mitch Busque
Cathy Flores
Jem Aznar
Fox Llante


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...