26 March, 2013

Inked.


I contemplated on getting one for years. I had been stopped by myths, opinions, lack of time and my own fears. I did not want to get one just to belong or go along with the fad. I want one just because.

I finally decided to cross out an item on my bucket list and got myself inked in Dumaguete.

When did I first plan to get one? Believe it or not, it was 14 years ago. I have this image in my mind I want tattooed on my nape.I have tried so much to keep it to myself. The last thing I want to happen is to see it on someone else's nape when I finally decide to get one on mine. Getting an image from the net or copying someone else's isn't appealing to me neither. No!

So what does this image mean to me?

I am an UPWARD BOUND graduate. Fresh from college, I got hired as a teacher in one of the schools of Bob Garon. He runs a special formation house where values and academics are in equal levels. I was very lucky to have been chosen to be part of one of their 3-day Upward Bound trainings.

Upward Bound aims to help participants actualize their potentials, instill discipline, imbibe proper attitudes, learn to handle feelings and improve self-image and worth.The Upward Bound pushes the participants to their maximum potential through extreme stress and crisis situations in a Spartan environment. It is geared to executives and management, but is also an effective tool to gauge high potential employees that are being considered for advancement in the company. (These are actual words from their site.)

This is one of the best experiences of my life. I have done things I never thought I can. I thought of joining the military after the training; that's how influential it was. I felt like I could do just about anything.

More than the Upward Bound training, this image is also reflective of my faith. I know that when I die, I am Upward Bound. I will see my Father in Heaven and enjoy what He has promised I will as His child. My faith says:
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8: 38, 39)
This was my coming back verse. I turned my back on God for 8 long years and this verse was what woke me up about three years ago. I held on to this verse from then on.


My tat is very simple and not loud at all but it does have a story - a story worth its pain.

Thanks to Marbo, my artist, whom I will feature on my Jailbreaking Series soon.


Thanks to Phil, my soul sister, with whom I got an identical tat to celebrate sisterhood and friendship.

A friend loves at all times and a brother (sister) is born for a time of adversity.
Proverbs 17: 17

This is Phil's and you will see the same on my left leg.

Finally, I am INKED!




5 comments:

  1. waaaah... nakaka-inspire... continue what you do best... inspire people... and soon... you'll be a legend... love you... mwuah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous - thank you for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i miss reading your blogs..this is my chance again hehehe tnx foxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaeyer - thank you for revisiting...and i miss you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one hot gurl! Grr...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...