09 February, 2011

100 Animals in Solitude


I found FUSE beside a Meralco fuse box
 in Intramuros. 23 January 2011
Ever since I learned Photography I have always wanted to create an album of 100 homeless animals to send a message. It is so difficult to call people’s attention when you talk about animal welfare. I thought my voice could be louder if I use photos. Photos are powerful.

The album hopes to encourage pet companions to spay/neuter their pets to prevent more homeless cats and dogs and lessen their violent deaths due to being ran over by cars and/or experiencing cruelty from humans. Adoption is the best option. Please stop from buying animals from breeders. There are more homeless cats and dogs than there are available homes and willing humans to take care of them. Take home that kitten or puppy on the streets or visit animal shelters like PAWS and CARA so a new homeless animal can be taken in as you adopt out.

I hope more Filipinos learn to love our very own cats and dogs, PUSPINS and ASPINS, who are capable of loving just the same as their foreign breed counterparts.

My aim was to show 100 photos only and I know that it is just a small percentage of the truth. But if it will positively change one person’s view of animal care then I’ve accomplished my goal.
"A righteous man cares for the life of his animal..." (Proverbs 12:10a)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...