08 April, 2012

22: What about dinner?

2012 Food Trip #22
Central BBQ Grill
Mandaluyong City
April 8, 2012
Project: Food & Thoughts 


It wasn't really my first time to eat in Central.  I have tried this twice or more with a good friend, Trisha. We’d usually drop by on a Saturday night. What made me include this here is my long time anticipation to try their new and spacious location in Madison. I invited two of my friends weeks ago (just when the this new branch was opened) but we never made it. So today, I did not let the night pass without having my dinner here. I dragged Jem and Mash for an after-church dinner. Needless to say, I was tickled pink when they gave in.





We ordered their dinner bestsellers:

Fried pork chop with rice @P89

Iced Tea Slush @P45
I could say today’s dinner was just one of those we had in the past. We would talk about bits and pieces of our lives, people we are surrounded with, work, relationships (or the lack of,  as the case may be), family and friends. In some cases, we would talk about the same things over and over again, dinner after dinner after dinner.

With Mash and Jem.

Sounds tiring and boring? NO. This is what friends do. We talk about things that we talk about all the time. We stop talking about it after lunch but we pick up from where we left off for dinner. Friends talk about things in verbal and non-verbal ways. In many cases, one doesn't always have to say something; you just have to be there.

Dhenize and Phil were able to catch up.

“It is more fun to talk to with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short easy words like ‘What about lunch?’”
                                                            A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh







2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...