04 October, 2012

Food and Thoughts: The Conclusion


Image source here.



Read the first entry first (If you haven't). Here's the link.

What started as a mere search for new restaurants and food adventure to break a monotonous eating habit became more than it sounds. It became a search for new experiences and new encounters.

My blog isn't famous, neither am I; but my friends and family supported my passion to write about my experiences. In a number of entries, you will see almost the same faces but the experiences and lessons were different. It strengthened my ties with important people in my life and even those I rarely see.

The food trip became more than just the food. It became about what goes on while we eat the food, before we eat the food, after we eat the food or, sometimes, as we plan where to eat. It was about the support of friends, the time to be together, the ideas we exchanged, the disagreements and the catching up. Even if some stories were repeated many times.

Food is an essential part of our lives, especially in the Filipino culture. Food is part of our every event - celebrations, heartaches, catching up, discussions, first meetings, happy and sad stages. We show our hospitality by serving food. Food makes us happy. Eating together as a family at the dinner table is an important part of who we are. It plays a crucial role in how our parents bring us up.

Even Jesus used food to bring the disciples together to remember His sacrifice for our sins. Why?  Because food is important to everyone. Because no one can survive without food. Because it is a necessity no matter who you are and where you came from. It is something that you will remember all the time. Anything that's associated with it should not be forgotten.

Talking about the food and the restaurants that I have experienced barely scratches the surface of the purpose of this series. It addresses more than the physical need. I hope you found that purpose once or twice among the 50 entries I prepared for you.

Thank you for joining me in this series. Thank you for reading all the entries and the lessons that go with each. You may go back to all the entries from here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...