02 October, 2012

Playing with the Waves


It was a tiring half day at work. Jem, Sugar and I were seated staring at a blank wall realizing that we only consumed half of our one hour of lunch. When you work in a fast pace environment, it gets to you all the time. Jem decided to load Youtube on his phone and came across a video of one surfing adventure in the Philippines. We watched it together.

For two straight minutes that we were watching it, we were all silent - blown away by the playful waves, man's courage and the heartwarming music. Then... my eyes were wet. Yes, wet with tears. Sugar finally gave in and admitted she was moved too. Jem couldn't help but catch his breath in admiration.This isn't the first time we saw a video like this, the others we have seen may even be more dangerous and captivating than this but this hit us like no other.

What moved me is the amazing idea that God, the creator of heaven and earth and everything in it, could allow us to play with it. The sea can be a very dangerous place but with respect and great understanding, it can play with us and generously give us what it cannot give to all who ask for it.

I don't surf. I wish I could. I don't swim either but I don't have to be good at it or even to learn it to understand the magnificent beauty of the seas and nature. If you love to travel and you love saltwater as much as I (and my friends) do, you will understand why the video made me cry. I don't even have to explain.
The cure for anything is saltwater - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Here's the video for your viewing pleasure.

This is to honor all the surfers in the world, famous or not, rookie or masters; the seas and all bodies of water, and most of all, the Creator of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...