13 February, 2013

LOST & FOUND: Enamel 3-Ring

And these three shall remain: faith, hope and love.

1 Corinthians 13:13a

As 2013 came in, this verse was on mind. I knew that whatever year comes, the Bible says the truth - faith, hope and love shall remain. 

With our engagement to the material things of the world, it is difficult to keep the three in our lives. It is so easy to lose hope and faith, and it is so quick to find fault and hate. Without the abounding grace of God, we would have settled for the easy. It is also easy to forget.

I don't want to forget so I decided to look for an enamel stackable 3-ring to my taste. I thought, if a wedding ring constantly reminds a married person a commitment previously made, then why not do the same for other things to be remembered.

I searched for a week or so until I found one while accompanying a friend to buy clothes.

Two days ago, I lost the ring while in Bolinao, Pangasinan. I was sad for a moment and surprisingly just let go of it in a jiffy. Maybe it was a test of my faith. Faith that I will still believe that the three shall remain even I no longer see the ring. I just have to hold the finger where I used to put it on and remember how it felt. After all, faith is believing in what we don't see.

I lost the ring but kept what it was for.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...