11 February, 2013

TRUTH in 24 Hours


In the last 24 hours, God taught me lessons about TRUTH.

The truth can be ugly. At one point or another we have been on all ends of the truth - the one who needs to express it, the third party of the truth (hearing it but cannot directly involve yourself in it) and being the one to receive the truth.

I value honesty. Honesty is truth. I have lived long enough to get experiences that taught me how to handle and deliver the truth. However, I guess no one will ever be strong enough to deal with it easy. It will never be a piece of cake. If it is something painful, it will never be easy to deliver or accept it. If is something good, sometimes, it is also difficult to believe it.

A lot of things go around the truth. We can't just say the truth. There are things to consider, people to think of and results to be expected. The truth can change the course of events from the moment it happens. We ought to ask ourselves if we are ready for it.

Since it is never going to be easy, when is the right time to say it? When do we sacrifice the convenience of not saying it? I don't know. This is when we need God. His time and purpose.

In the last 24 hours...

I spoke the truth and she didn't like it. I don't know how she will treat me after.  It is a risk I had to take and I should be ready for it.

I heard a truth about something else and someone else and I don't know where to place myself.

I spoke the truth about how I feel about a certain situation coming. I hid it for a long time wishing it will help me and the person who needs to receive it. I'm glad I said it now. It freed me from keeping a good feeling to myself. This feeling is painful but it should be shared for it to be bearable.

I received an unexpected truth. Unexpected because it came across as a puzzle. Is it really how it is? Is it really the truth? How others perceive the truth may not always be the truth. In the same way that not everything we think is truth is true. But when a person expresses what s/he thinks is the truth, then s/he is being truthful. We should give them credit for that. We should accept it as being truthful.

If we need guidance in TRUTH. We can approach God for guidance.   

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. - James 1:5
TRUTH is complicated but it frees us from a lot of things. This is what I love about it. It lets you move on. It tells you what to do next. It makes life fair when everyone says it's not. It shows others that we trust they can handle it. Just because we can't handle saying the truth doesn't mean others can't handle receiving it. It's not all about us. 

TRUTH may make you happy you but it will give you a sense of balance when you start to wonder. It may bleed you but it will keep you alive because it will give you a choice to make things better.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...