06 April, 2014

A Date with Myself


When was the last time you had a date with yourself? Yes, you read it right, a date with yourself.

Work or studies or other obligations can, sometimes, pile up taller than we could reach it. It is in these times when we find ourselves all over the place, if we are not careful. We tend to forget to give ourselves the precious time it deserves.

When I am faced with a crossroad (or not), I always find it helpful to spend some time to get connected to my own being. I don’t mean getting a pedicure or a massage but actually quietly connecting with everything me. Pampering our physical selves is good and important but you need more than that.

Last Friday night, I gave myself another one. Remember, it’s good to talk to yourself every now and then. Just pair it with a cup of coffee, a pen, and a piece of paper.

Love thy self. When you do, you learn to love others in a more meaningful way.

I originally posted this entry here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...