03 April, 2014

TRAVEL SNIPPET 2010: A Trip to A White Paradise


As I write this, it's 35 degrees Celcius here in Manila and it's a Thursday. All I want to do right now is head to the beach and get that one cold drink after. Sadly, I can't. I have work to do and I can't just leave.
A summer Throwback Thursday is the closest I could do, for now.
 
In November of 2010, my friends and I completed our LuzViMinda (Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao) adventure by visiting Cagayan de Oro.We decided to take a short tour to the province of Camiguin and visited the White Island.


The White Island is a sandbar found in the province of Camiguin in Mindanao. This C-shaped beauty whose shape changes with the season can amaze you even from afar.

It was quite a long travel from our host's home (from a jeepney ride, to a bus, to a ferry and a small boat) to get to the island, but it was worth it. We were never shortchanged.


The island is uninhabited so there are no cottages to stay under when the sun is at its peak and can be scorching hot. We have been warned by our host friend so we packed light, brought our sunblocks, and of course, our cameras. You just can't leave this island without bringing at least a still memory with you.


At the port, you will find locals who will offer you beach umbrellas and hats before you head to the island.

This sandbar experience will surely make you feel that you are one with nature. 



When you visit, do not forget to take a photo with Mt. Hibok Hibok as your backdrop. We took a bunch of jump shots of ourselves.


If you love marine life, you may also enjoy snorkeling to see not just the surface of the island but also what's underneath. It was said that one side of this island has a hidden colorful reef.

This is one of the most beautiful islands I have ever seen. I fell for it even from afar. It's a place I won't mind going back again and again. I hope you can come and experience it, too.



Photos are owned by Mapet Abesamis. Philnee Duran and myself.
A special thanks to Abesamis family for hosting this and all our other activities during this trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...