28 September, 2010

Lesson from my Maxee

This is the 70th entry to Project 365 written 19th of July 2010.

Lesson from my Maxee

We all know the saying, “A Dog is a Man’s Best friend”; but, are you aware of the line “A Cat is a Man’s Best friend too, it's just too proud to admit it”.

My cat always wants to be near me. Believe me, it does! When I am in front of my computer it will stay on the computer table in front of me. I’d have to move my mouse to the rightmost side of the table so I can use it freely. When I stand up, it will stand up too and follow me. When I go back, it will go back too. When I’m asleep I know it wants to stay and sleep beside me but I did not let her get used to it so it will just stay on the nearest chair to my bed and sometimes stares at me until it falls asleep. When my table is full and it can’t get on it, it will stay on my footstep and look at me as if waiting for a glance. If I move my feet away from it, it will move closer and it seems like as long as a part of its body touches a part of mine, it already feels contentment. When I am a bit far from it especially when I am busy doing something, I’d just sing and it falls asleep with my voice. I don’t even have a good singing voice. Sometimes I can just hum and it instantly closes  its eyes in peace knowing that even if I am a bit far and it can’t touch me, it can hear my voice.

This reminds me of a character in the Bible - the woman who believed she will be healed just by the touch of Christ’s cloak. ‘If I just touch His clothes, I will be healed.’ – (Mark 5:28)

I learned a very importance lesson from my cat. I should be like Maxee with my relationship with God. We should all be. We should always long to be in the presence of our Lord. We should constantly be making sure we never lose touch of Him. In times that we feel far away from Him we should try to remember His voice (through His words from the Bible) in our ears and believe that He is always faithful to His promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...