09 November, 2010

A Eulogy For Myself

I wrote this more than 11 years ago. Even when I was younger, I already knew about death and everything that goes with it. Death is real. My acceptance of death is not just because of acceptance of fate or destiny. It was more of an acceptance of life. I will have life after death and death is never the end. It is, in fact, the beginning of a life seeing God in His truest form.

Taken 31st July 2010
Manila American Cemetery and Memorial, PH
A Eulogy For Myself
Fox Llante
Written 19th September 1999

I never dreamt of beauty
    For I know it will soon fade.
I never dreamt of great riches
    I can't carry them on my grave.
I never wished for big brains
    For in time, I'll forget.

Remember me, not because of great achievements
    For I have none.
Remember me, not because of heroic deeds
    For I can't remember any.
Remember me, not because of remarkable records
    For I haven't set a single.

Instead, I want you to remember my jokes
    For I know I made you laugh.
I want you to remember my tears
    For I know you learned from them.
Remember my songs, my poems, my letters
    For they spoke on my behalf.

For I want your memory of me
    To be the best and worst of times.



"For me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." (Philippians 1:21)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...