08 November, 2010

Just Keep on Swinging - An Eavesdropping


An Eavesdropping on the movie "Everyone's Hero"



My favorite radio station is bidding goodbye tonight. I tried for a few hours to divert my attention to a movie I have already seen. I 'eavesdropped' on the conversation between the main character Yankee Irving and his father.

Father: Did you play ball today?

Yankee: Yeah, but I don't think I wanna play anymore.

Father: Hey! I thought you loved baseball.

Yankee: Well, I think I'm in a slump.

Father: Hmmm, you know I was watching the team practice the other day and it struck me. Here are guys who made a living playing baseball. They play everyday and even on the day after they lose the game. They're still standing at the plate swinging that bat. And you know how they got to be so good?

Yankee: They just keep swinging?

Father smiled.


Whatever your passion is - be it writing, singing, dancing, blogging, cosplaying etc - if you keep doing it with a heart despite failing every now and then; you'll be good at it in no time. Just keep swinging!

I still turned on my radio and caught the last few minutes of NU. I said, 'I'll just keep rockin' ".


This has been reposted in my other blog called "Eavesdropping"






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...