04 March, 2012

15: Friendship at Second Sight


Connie’s Kitchen
March 2, 2012
Project: Food & Thoughts No. 15


It’s the Wedding Day of Aries and Genes and we were all excited. I almost didn’t make it due to a lot of mishaps including not getting what am supposed to wear on time. I am really glad and grateful that I made it despite and in spite of.

My friends and I arrived real early. We don’t want to miss the wedding ceremony. We all came from a graveyard shift and have not slept well and has a workload ahead of us after the wedding. We decided to grab some grub from the closest food place.

Our Lady of Mount Carmel Shrine

We found Connie’s Kitchen across the church and ordered quick bites. They are as follows:

Grilled Cheese with Sundried Tomato Pesto @P95-

Roasted Chicken with Apple @P110-
Coffee @P50-

Thank God the wedding went smoothly. Too bad we had to leave early during the reception because of the workload ahead of us. Genes was a stunner. She looked so elegant on her gown. I remember how anxious she was about this gown. I guess all brides-to-be are. The moment the church door opened for her bridal walk, I was in tears. I love Genes and she is one of my dear friends but seeing her that moment made me realize that I love her more than I thought I do. This is a precious once-in-a-lifetime event of her life and it is so sweet of her to make us part of it.  I am grateful she wanted us to be there.

With Dannie and Sugar.

With Dannie, Sugar, Dan and Marvin.

That wedding moment made me ponder on some things about friendship, or any type of relationship, I guess. Sometimes we do not realize how important a person is until we really make a decision to involve ourselves in their lives – cry their pains and celebrate their joys. It was on that moment that I realized how much I value Genes as one of my dear friends. I am sincerely happy for her. I pray that God blesses her life with Aries and their baby forever. I pray that she discovers her strength every single day as she becomes a wife and a mom. I bet she's gonna do a fantastic job.

Cheers to Aries and Genes! 

Cheers to Genes and our friendship at second sight.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...