11 March, 2012

17: Age Doesn't Matter


Churros City
Market Market Mall, PH 
March 11, 2012
Project: Food & Thoughts No. 17

Today is the start of my volunteer work for our church. I arrived 30 minutes early, as instructed. Surprisingly, I got a little bit tired after although I didn’t really do anything but observe. Looks like my body is adjusting to the schedule. I'm usually still asleep on a 2PM Sunday because Church is at 6PM. Ha! 

Despite the tired body, my heart was fulfilled and happy that (finally!) I was able to start my volunteer work. I, also, met new friends.

I was so hungry after the service but was also in a hurry to go home so I just decided to pass by a food stall and buy something to bring home. My eyes looked for something I haven’t tried. I landed on CHURROS CITY and bought the following for only P45.




 Churros con Choco.
           Micafe Hot Choco.

Among the volunteers, who are mostly college students, is a boy who is probably the youngest of them all. I forget his name. He’s probably in pre-teen himself (10-12) or in high school. He was tasked to do the transition – from worship to the tithing and message.

He talked about an experience he had from school. A classmate of him was insisting that God didn’t create man and that we all came from apes. I can see how hurt he was by what he heard because he almost couldn’t control his emotions. He said, “Nasaktan ako kasi si God ko ‘yun eh! The creator of Heavens and the earth na sinabihan niya ng ganun” (I was hurt because he said something like that about my God, the creator of the Heavens and earth.)

I was blessed by how personal his relationship with God is. To an adult mind, this could be nothing but a simple rant from a teenager. We may think it isn’t a big deal. It is. It is a big deal because in our relationship with God, age doesn’t matter. In fact, Jesus said,

“Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” (Mark 10:14-16)

The big question, Will I go back on Sunday?

Answer: I can’t wait.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...