03 August, 2012

At Your Fingertips

image not mine.

I have been convincing one of my good friends to put up his (personal) blog too. I won’t blab about what we want his blog to be. You'll see soon. I just hope I will be able to convince him enough to actually start it. 

While we were talking about it, I was giving him tips on how to start. I also started with a little help from another friend. But, to me, the important advice I gave him wasn't about technicalities of the blog because he's probably even better at it than I am, but the overall identity of the blog. I told him to make his blog 'him'. Nowadays, a lot of personal blogs have started to look and come across as the same. Most has lost the identity of the owner. It was no longer personal and unique. 

As I convince my friend to start his, I went back to my own. Hmmm...why do I blog? 

Am sure the net has a million ways to define blog. In fact, nowadays blog has evolved and developed into many different forms. We have the photoblog, vlog (video blog), MABs (multi-authored blogs), sketch blogs, the personal blog and a lot more. 

Personal blogging to me is more of an expression. I blog to express. My blog doesn't have a theme at all. It covers food, travel, photography, Christianity etc. There are times when I even wonder if I really have readers or followers (except for two or three of my friends). 

But I guess, I don't really care at all. I blog to express and not to impress. The thoughts are real and raw. It dose not come from someone else or is dictated by a fad.

And if I die, you can look back at my life, learn from my mistakes, relive my photos (and our photos) and see how God has been faithful to me all the time. 

For now, I blog to express. When I kick the bucket, my blog will become a legacy I can leave. It's a testimony at your fingertips. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...