13 August, 2012

Travel Snippets: Vigorón and Cacao


I was working on an office project at home this afternoon when I craved for something that is salty, sweet and sour. I was trying to figure out what to eat until I remembered how Vigorón tasted. Although I couldn't really have one now, I thought maybe blogging about it will suffice for now.

Vigorón is a typical Nicaraguan dish. It is made up of cabbage, yuca (cassava), and chicharon. I got to taste this about four times during my stay in Nicaragua. I noticed that we only go to one place when we crave for this. It's a hole in the wall near Granada church. They must offer the best Vigorón; almost everyone recommends them.

Borrowed this photo from one of my bosses who also had a chance to try this dish.

I found a link that shows how to make  Vigorón. Check this if you wish to try it on your own. If you will and you happen to be here in Manila, please let me have some. 

Vigorón goes well with this Cacao cold drink. I tell you, it was the best one I ever tasted.  


I hope I get another chance not just to eat this tasty combination but to eat it where I will enjoy it the most - in Nicaragua. 

I miss Vigorón and Cacao. 

More importantly, I miss Nicaragua.



2 comments:

  1. I miss Vigoron and Cacao too! But most importantly, I miss the company of friends I was with when I first sampled this delectable dish and first experienced this wonderful place, half a world away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for dropping by, Mitch. And for letting me borrow your photo. You are right. Good company! Wonderful country! Very warm people. That's why Nicaragua is my second home.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...