29 August, 2012

45: Three Firsts in One Day

Chocolat
MOA, PH
August 25, 2012
Project: Food and Thoughts No. 45



There were three firsts on this day. One of them is going to Chocolat at the Mall of Asia. It was my first time to dine there. 

Saturday was about to end. Jem, Sugar and I were all starting to get sleepy after a long day but couldn't let the day end just yet despite not getting enough sleep. We all came from a Friday evening shift.We needed coffee and sugar rush.

Photo from Jem.

The second first was our The Mall of Asia Eye ride experience. This was opened to the public late last year. We didn't really plan on giving in. I know I have mentioned wanting to get on this once in the past but we have immediately dismissed it as we thought P150 for a 15-min ride may not be worth it. We found vacant seats outside a restaurant just across. We spent probably an hour talking about all sorts of things while watching the Eye turn and people take their turns...until we finally decided to take our own turn.

It was a short 15-minute fun but with friends like Jem and Sugar? It was worth it!

Photo from Jem.
The third first was very special to me. This day was also the day Jem opened his home to us. Home refers to his family. It was his nephew's first birthday and he invited us to attend it. Jem doesn't do this all the time and I have very high regard for his reasons. Family is private. It is probably the most vulnerable part of everyone, so hearing him invite me for the very first time to see his mom, sisters, nephews and nieces was music to my ears. I felt like he was opening up a very special part of himself.

Without an iota of doubt, I said YES despite not knowing how I will manage my schedule that day. Sugar felt the same way.

We finally got to meet his very accommodating mom who invited us to come see them again. Most of all, I got to meet this very sweet, smart boy named Sean.For a very short time that we were together, we talked about the alphabet; counted 1 to 10; enumerated names of his friends; talked about his new clothes, Tito Jay, his little brother, Khriestan; and reviewed the alphabet sign language.


Photo from Jem.

It was refreshing to see this side of Jem. The same way I felt when I met Sugar's family, Thel's and my other friends' families.

I have always bragged about the fact that anywhere I go, I am always blessed with good friends. I have always believed too that part of making your friends feel like family is letting them in to your own at the right time and for the right reasons. I know Jem might say he is lucky to have me as his friend that's why he introduced me (and Sugar) to his family.

Well, he can say that a million times, but with what he just did, I'd say "I'm the lucky one!"





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...