14 August, 2012

Travel Snippets: Whitewater Rafting in CDO


The team I work with share one thing in common - a passion for travel. In 2010, we organized a travel project called LUZVIMINDA (Luzon-Visayas-Mindanao). We went to Ilocos, Bohol and closed the travel deal with a bang through extreme adventures in Cagayan de Oro.One of the adventures we got ourselves into is whitewater rafting.

Whitewater rafting is navigating a river using an inflated raft while passing (or surviving?) different rapids.


Our group signed up for the Beginner's Course. We were required to attend the orientation to ensure we know what we are getting ourselves into (ha!) and to acquaint ourselves with safety tips.

When I saw the river from the Start point, I actually told myself "I could die here".  But I have to be tough. I have 14 rapids ahead of me.


What you are about to see are faces that you don't normally see when you see us around. These are our scared-the-hell-out-of-us faces. 

Yes. You are allowed to make fun of us because we have already made fun of ourselves a million times.




Here's a series of photos showing how difficult and dangerous it is to navigate the scary rapids.There were seconds when we were actually out of sight.Thanks to the tour guides who are extremely good at what they do - navigating the raft, guiding the team, encouraging the participants, delivering stories, describing the rapids and taking photos and videos like they don't see the rapids at all. 



We were scared pitless all throughout the adventure, but it also awakened our adventurous spirits. After the course, we made plans of going one notch up - the Advanced Course 1. At that point, I said Yes but I wasn't really sure if I wanted it. All I knew at that moment was the fact that I made it through 14 rapids alive. And that I was also a little bit scared to do it at first, but I did it!

Fear can be good sometimes. It celebrates us and the courage we innately have. 


E N D


If you are interested to visit Cagayan de Oro and experience the same adventure, please click this link. I hope you enjoy it the way I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...