07 December, 2010

Breaking the Chain

Photo grabbed from http://www.elated.com/imagekits/chain/
On one lazy Sunday afternoon or a busy Monday at work, you get a text message or an email from someone. You smile at the thought of the message. Most of them celebrate human's courage and resiliency, and even better, God's unfathomable love for us. You get so encouraged and even close to tears until you get to the end of the message which tells you to forward it to 15 other friends for the message to be true; and how bad luck is going to strike your life if you don't. I've received my fair share of these chain messages and I have always stood for what the truth is - that there are more sincere ways to prove one's appreciation of someone else; that it is not limited to sending back a chain message; that God's love, blessings and good intentions are always there for the taking and the bumps that we encounter in life are not because of the messages we don't forward.

My view of life, friendship and God will not be chained into some forwarded messages that I have to pass along to taste its benefits. I believe friends are friends no matter what and God is who He is.

So the next time you send me one, don't expect to get it back but know that I can do better than that.

Today, I'm breaking the chain!



4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...