02 December, 2010

Overflowing Prayer


Our Church has recently finished a 4-week message series entitled Overflow - what the Bible says about finances, money and stewardship.

On the last leg of the series, our Pastors came up with a Church Prayer to end it.

A prayer that clearly acknowledges that God is the source of every single blessing we receive; that we should be generous in whichever way we can resulting to others giving glory to Him through our actions; that when we trust the Lord with all our finances we can see overflowing blessings to the point that our two hands will just be channels of blessings - one receives and one gives. 


Father God,

I repent for believing the lies of the enemy.
I believe that it is not Your will for me to be in lack.
I renounce anything that holds Your abundance from me.
I renounce anything that I have spoken against prosperity and success in my life.
I renounce poverty and the spirit of poverty.
I thank You Lord that You are not against me, but You are for me.
You are my source, the One who supplies all of my needs according to Your glorious riches in Christ.
You will supply me bread for food.
You will supply me seeds to sow.
I will sow and I will be generous on all occasion.
I will be patient and I will wait.
I believe that I will have a mighty harvest!
LORD God I receive your provision, prosperity and success.
In Jesus’ name, Amen!


For a very good reason, a good friend of mine and I attended two church services that day and prayed this twice - in our hearts we kinda' felt like we were "twice blessed". *winks


2 comments:

  1. This is such a blessing of a post! God has truly shown me the way by allowing people like you to come into my life! Thank you so much for sharing this with me! May you be blessed a thousandfold!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nyree - you are a blessing too and we haven't even known each other that long. we don't even chat in person but here we are brought together by His grace to encourage each other. stay the same please? God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...