26 February, 2012

11: Stepping Up


borrowed image.

Stepping Up
Fiorgelato
Market Market Mall, PH
February 26, 2012
Project: Food & Thoughts No. 11


Stepping Up.

I always go to church with my friends every Sunday, but today I had to go alone because we had different plans for the day. Some had to go somewhere else and the others will attend a different service schedule. I do not have problems doing some things on my own like eating in public or going to church. In fact, I think that it is healthy for an individual to, sometimes, allow oneself to celebrate independence and individuality. 

Before I left home, I checked the net on where I can grab coffee before church. Im a little bit sleepy and I dont want to doze off in church. I also left early because I have a lot of thinking to do about a decision I was about to make. 

I ordered a chocolate donut and a Caramel Chill. (Sorry I forgot the exact prices).

I know I should have ordered ice cream because that's what Fiorgelato is famous for but I was really after coffee. I spent an hour reading the book I have been trying to finish and also to say a silent prayer in my heart asking for direction.


More or less P200- total.

This week is our Church's Volunteer Week. This is when church members are encouraged to sign up and have an opportunity to serve God through any of the ministries. According to Ptr. Paolo Punzalan (from his blog) there are 1, 588 volunteers working for our church which when translated tells us that 99.76% of the church work is volunteer driven. 



I like volunteer work. In fact, I do for The Project Tenfold Circle and the Philippine Animal Welfare Society. But now that I think about it, I don't understand why I haven't signed up for one that is directly associated with the church. This isn't new to me, I have worked as a church volunteer in the youth ministry in the past but for some reason today, I was both scared and excited. I prayed for this since last week. I wasn't sure which church, which ministry and how much I can really give but today I made a choice. Right after the church service, God gave direction. I signed up and I feel really good about my decision. Which ministry did I sign up for? Now, that's a surprise. I'll probably talk about it on my next entry.
If I can gladly give so much of my time to do volunteer work for charity, why can't I do the same for His work and for Him - the Author and Finisher of my faith, the source of my every strength and ability. He is, after all, the reason I exist and He deserves my heart, my soul and my time. 

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31






Credits
 Thank you to Ptr. Paolo Punzalan for allowing me to post the figures from his blog.
The Now Serving image is borrowed from Victory Church.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...