21 February, 2012

8-9: First Impressions

First Impressions
Holy Cow Steak Ranch and American Grill
Icebergs Eskimo Bob Ice Cream Diner
SM Megamall Mandaluyong PH
February 20, 2012
Project: Food & Thoughts No. 8 & 9


We did plan for this food trip. We were going to go to a famous restaurant in Quezon City. We were to leave at 12noon yesterday so we can go around, look for it, eat and chat. But the rain didn’t stop since Saturday night. We decided to move it to an afternoon treat and check out the places we can go to in Megamall instead.


Today was a little more special because TRIPOD has a special guest, Henie. Ha! TRIPOD is a name given by JB to the triad - himself, Kim and I. We were supposed to celebrate our Training Graduation in Tagaytay last January. Due to a lot of mishaps, only the three of us made it. Since we are a bunch of happy people and would never let it ruin our spirits, we pushed through; and boy, we had a blast.


It's Henie’s first time to join us. It was my first time to eat with her. Having someone new in my food adventures coupled with friends dear to my heart is always a treat to me.

We went to Holy Cow Steak Ranch and American Grill. We tried the following:

Ranch Style Porkchop @ P155.
Ranch Style Beef Strips @ P195.

Parmesan Chicken @ P170

Pasta Ala Pesto @ P190

This food trip was a day of ‘first impressions’. I thought it'll be sweet to talk about our first impressions of each other. I don’t know if they were just patronizing me (I hope not! haha!) but I was glad to hear they thought of me highly when they first saw me. It was also refreshing to hear Henie’s first impression of me since we never really had a chance to hang out before.



I thought Henie was shy and timid. She didn’t really talk much before. I’m glad that Henie decided to break that barrier and joined us. We hope to have her in our other adventures soon.

Kim, to me, comes across as very friendly even from the beginning. She is fun and easy to be with. She is also very stylish. You can talk about anything and everything with her. You can be yourself and you will gladly be accepted. She never forgets to say ‘thank you’ in everything. She gives a tight hug and a sincere greeting. She gladly gives good words. 

JB came across to me as a little arrogant at first.  It was probably because of the swagg in him. But it didn’t take long before I was able to prove myself wrong. JB is a very expressive man. He would really talk about things that matter to him. He also listens in return. He’s not hesitant to ask help when he needs it and is more than willing to lend a hand when he sees someone needs it. You don’t even have to ask sometimes. JB has proven his worth to me many times. He is a man of his word, values his work ethics, always returns a favor even if he doesn't really have to, values others no matter who you are and has a sense of direction.  I’m glad my first impression of him was wrong. I thought he was arrogant. He isn’t. He is proud and he should be.



We topped the day with a sweet treat and another first for me. I have always had a chance to eat at Icebergs but I have no idea why I hadn’t. Thank God for little second chances. We tried their Ultimate Big Bob and their Ferrero Indulgence.





Ice cream, fruits, cream and chocolate?! Sugar rush was unstoppable!

Ultimate Big Bob @ P388

Ferrero Indulgence @ P185


 There is nothing wrong with first impressions. It is a human way of coping with our awkward feeling of dealing with someone new. But we should never forget that while others say “first impressions last”, how we deal with it is still a choice we make. We can live in our first impression of others forever and miss the magic of knowing an individual wholly or we can decide to take a step, break the silence and give them a chance to show themselves and rediscover our own qualities in the process. 

Friends do not plan to be friends, they just become.


Do not be overconfident with your first impressions of people. (a Chinese proverb)












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...