13 February, 2012

My Top 25 Favorite Male TV Personalities

My Top 25 Favorite Male TV Personalities


 Image not mine.
I am not really the type of person who shares her favorites to the public. Most of the time, I find sharing them feels like sharing a very intimate part of me. Sometimes, I also find myself losing interest on something that I used to like a lot only because the rest of the world population discovered it too. This means that when I like a song or a band or a singer a lot, I will keep it to myself. I can share it with a few friends but I won’t talk about it bluntly on Facebook or any social gatherings.

Am I being selfish? Not really! My purpose is really to keep its raw and genuine appeal to my taste. I treat a song, a character, or a band or any form of art as something that I can personally connect with. My friend, Sugar, calls it my Elite side.

Needless to say, deciding to share My Top Favorite TV Personalities here on my blog took me some time. I actually have about 25 (or more) on my list but didn't want to make this list too boring to read so I'll give details on, at least, the Top 10. I may have forgotten on a few of them but I will add or change as I remember. For now, sit back, buckle up and enjoy!

This is no particular order.


Borrowed image.
1. Special Agent Fox Mulder 

Fox William Mulder portrayed by David Duchovny is one of the two protagonists of the tv show The X Files. He works with Dana Scully. Both were assigned to handle the X cases - unsolved, mysterious, paranormal. Mulder is fascinated by aliens and paranormal activities of the investigation (caused by his belief that his sister was abducted when they were younger). Scully (given her Hard Science background) was initially assigned to debunk Mulder's theories by giving a more scientific light to every detail. Eventually, both became allies and have moved in and out to each other's theories.

Fox Mulder reminds me a lot of another favorite, MacGyver. He has an amazing wit, sense of humor and is passionate on what he believes. He is almost always right. He has weird but adorable habits when bored - sharpening pencils and sticking them to the ceiling and eating sunflower seeds which, as revealed on a later episode, reminds him of his father.

And Yes! This is where my nickname/pen name came from.


2. MacGyver 

Borrowed image.
Portrayed by Richard Dean Anderson, MacGyver ( or Mac) is the main character of a TV show with the same title which ran from 1985-1992. Oh I can still remember the theme song! Ha!

I credit my grasp of the English language to the TV shows I watched when I was younger. During that time, there were no tagalized (translated in Tagalog) tv shows. I was exposed to TV shows in English. This is one of them.

MacGyver is an extremely smart guy who can make something out of anything he finds around him. He can create a bomb out of a matchbox, a wire and gun powder and maybe a little girl's ribbon. He'd rather immobilize opponents, which he can probably do in 101 ways, than kill them.  


3. Michael Scofield 


Borrowed image.
Scofield is a character in Prison Break played by Wentworth Miller. Michael intentionally robbed a bank to be caught and eventually be sent to Fox River State Penitentiary where his brother, Lincoln Burrows was incarcerated due to a crime he didn't commit. Before the planned robbery, he studied his brother's case and when nothing can prove Lincoln's innocence, he started making himself familiar with the blueprint of the prison facility to the extent of having them tattooed on his body hidden under different images. His adventures with his brother, his love interest (Sara Tancredi) and their new found friends and enemies have put audience, including myself, on the edge of our seats.

What I love about his character, aside from his Grade A wit, is his amazing sense of judgment. Michael was placed in countless situations where he had to give his judgment - to escape now or later, to kill or not, to push thru or to back off, to say the truth or not, to be sincere or to fake. He also shows a remarkable planning ability. I have mentioned many times that I want to be like him. If my Plan A fails, I have Plan B, C, D, E, F to Zinc. 



4. Dr. Travis Stork

Borrowed image.
Let me get this straight first, I like the Travis in The Doctors not in The Bachelor. I was never a fan of the latter and have not seen a single episode. I wouldn't actually know he was once featured in The Bachelor until a friend told me so.

Aside from the medical advice Dr. Stork gives, I like the amount of truth he gives to his words when he expresses himself in front of the camera. If he finds something weird, funny, not funny, horrible, disgusting, or gross, you'd see it from his face. 



5. Phillip Phillips 

P2 (a secret code a friend and I used to refer to him on Facebook when he was still starting his journey in AI) is probably the newest addition to this list. I have never been a fan girl in a long while. I have never followed American Idol on a weekly basis until this season. When I first heard his voice and saw him perform wearing slippers during his audition, I was caught. Yeah, just please give me the right to have a crush on this talented kid. Haha!

Borrowed image.
All the other contestants are good but, to me, he stands out. I know his kind of music and singing might not win the hearts of the whole AI voting population. I will not be surprised if he doesn't win; but not getting the AI title doesn't mean he doesn't deserve it because he sure does. This guy has an amazing voice, is musically gifted, exudes a maturity that MOST of the other contestants are still trying to find their way to. When he sings, he brings himself into a totally different world and carries the audience with him. He does remind me of Dave Matthews and Rob Thomas sometimes but we gotta give the kid some credit for admitting that Dave Matthews is one of his influences. He turns any type of song into his own without compromising his magic of the song. I even like his version of Usher's song better than the original. (sorry Usher fans, I'm also just a fan). 

All this kid needs is a record deal. He's got the talent, the voice, the musicality, the looks, the presence, and the attitude. He's a total package! Sometimes, I want him not to win because I don't want such rare talent to be just a common thing that you hear everywhere. Other times, I want him to win because he deserves to be known and I can't wait to hear his own album. I leave the decision to America. 

And oh, by the way, how he treats Heejun sort of tells me how he'll treat the Asians. 


Borrowed image.

6. Jeff Corwin

Jeff Corwin is an animal and nature conservationist. He became famous because of his show The Jeff Corwin Experience

On top of his immense knowledge about animals and nature, I am fascinated by his sense of humor. He talks to these animals he encounters using different accents. It's A-dorable! 




7. Anderson Cooper

Borrowed image.
Anderson is the host of Anderson Cooper 360 and Anderson. He speaks his opinions raw and fierce. In many instances, I have seen him affected by some of the issues covered in his shows and you can see how he manages to be both real and at the same time keep his fair view of the two sides of the table. How we organizes his thoughts and formulates his questions tell you how good of a journalist he is.


I also like his sense of fashion. Although, I  thought it would be interesting to see him in a rugged look in his show one time, watcha think? 

8. Bryce Cass  

Bryce is my favorite classmate in Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader. He is such an adorable, smart kid. The show lights up when the camera catches his bright, innocent smile. 

Borrowed image.


9. Pacey Witter/Peter Bishop

Borrowed image.
I was never a Dawson-Joey fan, but I'm Team Pacey all the way! Pacey Witter, played by Mighty Ducks child star Joshua Jackson, is one of the main characters of Dawson's Creek. He's the best friend of Dawson who eventually became the boyfriend of Joey Potter, Dawson's love interest.  


Pacey is an underachiever who isn't aware of how smart he really is because he treats life as one big joke. If you have seen Dawson's Creek from start to finish, you will certainly witness how his character has evolved from being the joke of the town to a grown man. 

On another world, Peter Bishop is another character played by Joshua Jackson. Why did I put it here? Because I see a lot of Pacey Witter in Peter Bishop of Fringe. Haha! 


Borrowed image.
10. Paco Guerrero 
Paco is the host of the Photography show What I See. He is a famous Spanish-Filipino photographer who brings photography school right at the convenience of my home. He goes beyond taking photos. He goes underneath - the stories, the pains, the pride and the culture behind the photos he takes - exactly how photography should be.

With all the automatic and/or digital camera phones and post-processing software nowadays?  I want something raw and real. 




To give you a glimpse of who the next 15 are, here's a list (in no particular order):


11. Cesar Millan of The Dog Whisperer

Borrowed image.

12. Matt Camden (played by Barry Watson) of Seventh Heaven.

Borrowed image. 
13. Detective Eric Delko (portrayed by Adam Rodriguez) of CSI Miami.

Borrowed image. 
14. Gil Grissom (played by William Petersen) of CSI.

Borrowed image. 
15. Alex Karev (Justin Chambers) of Grey's Anatomy.

Borrowed image. 
16. Ben Covington (Scott Speedman) of Felicity.

Borrowed image. 
17. Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) of 24.

Borrowed image. 
18. Hiro Nakamura (Masi Oka) of Heroes.

Borrowed image. 
19. Sylar (Zachary Quinto) of Heroes.

Borrowed image. 
20. Beakman (Paul Zaloom) of Beakman's World

Borrowed image. 
21. Theodore "T-Bag" Bagwell (Robert Knepper) of Prison Break.

Borrowed image. 
22. Alex Krycek (Nicholas Lea) of The X Files.

Borrowed image. 
23. Dr. John Carter III (Noah Wyle) of ER.

Borrowed image. 
24. Dr. Aaron Shutt (Adam Arkin) of Chicago Hope.

Borrowed image. 
25. Fernando Casadevall of Animal Cops: Miami.



I have a few more on my list and maybe I should talk about them on the next entry. 

One thing common in all of them? They are all smart. Period. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...