06 February, 2012

Come as you are.


Come as you are.

Have you ever been in a situation where you seem to be in a limbo? You know there is something that’s troubling your heart but you don’t know exactly what it is. You know there is something heavy that you want so much to let out but you don’t know how to begin? That’s where I found myself this morning.

I thought it would have been easier to come to God and pray if I knew what I needed. What can be more difficult than not knowing what to ask God for? Imagine me getting ready for my quiet time and prayer only to find myself not being able to utter a sensible word.

Blank look. Silence. Confusion. I burst into tears. I started with "I don’t know what to say, Lord." 

I just cried out like a child to her father. Words garbled. Thoughts disorganized. I can’t even understand myself. It’s unusual because I do this every day at work – talk to a crowd. But today, in front of God, I was speechless.

After catching my breath and wrestling with my thoughts trying to find the right words, He made me realize that this is exactly what He wants me to do – to JUST come to Him as I am and cry my heart out. I don’t have to always be eloquent with my prayers. I don’t have to know what to say all the time. I just have to COME TO HIM. Let Him, who knows what’s best for me, do the work.
“In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God’s will. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose” – Romans 8:26-29
We can begin to come to Him and He can work through us. By His grace, we get to do the rest.

As I was about to post this entry on my blog, I saw Pastor Dennis Isleta’s post on his Facebook wall. It says…

I bought Josh and Erika nice calendars for the new year. Put them up only last week. A couple of days later, Erika asks, “Daddy, when do I cross out days and when do I encircle them?”
The question made me smile as I felt good about my 10-year old coming to me for what to me seemed like a simple decision to make. It was when I felt good inside that I realized that that's probably how God must feel when we come to Him with our questions and decisions. What causes us doubts, stress, even sleepless nights brings Him joy when we present them to Him to answer. After all, He is our Father and to Him who knows everything, they are but simple decisions to make. What matters is His child came to Him and to no one else.


In an instant, I felt my Father’s answer and assurance. He is, indeed, faithful.




Pastor Dennis is one of the pastors of Victory Fort Bonifacio. 
Thank you Ptr. for allowing me to post your words here.
Please see this link for more details about our church. 
Photo grabbed from this link.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...