10 July, 2012

37: HIGH vs. LOW

J. Co Donuts 
July 7, 2012
Project: Food and Thoughts No. 37



Ever since Jem found out there’s J.Co in Megamall, we have been making plans of trying their famous donuts. All attempts did not push thru until last 7th when we just decided to go there without any prior planning. Sometimes, ‘no planning’ is the way to make things happen.

We ordered the following: 

Frappe Cappuccino Avocado with Mocca Cream @ P120-
J.Club Coffee of the Day (with Cheezy Rich) @ P110 - 

Alcapone @ P 42-
(The bestseller)

Cheezy Rich which goes with C.O.D/Hot Tea @ P 110- 

Avocado Dicaprio @ P 42-
Jacky Chunk @ P42-

We went there at 8AM right after our shift to get good seats. We have gone there once but it was full and there were no seats available for us. The place was nice and cozy. 




If you have read the very first entry to these 2012 Food Adventures (see this link) you will know that my intention is really just to visit these food places that I have never been. I don't really have plans of writing a review of food and accommodation. If that's what you are looking for, my blog isn't the one for you. 

HOWEVER, this entry will probably be an exception. 

One tiring week and all you can think of  is a nice weekend to rest and relax. You want to kick it off with a nice coffee and pastry on a nice place with a good friend whom you always share conversations with. The last thing you want is a 'so-and-so' customer service. 

You see, am not a very demanding customer. A lot of times, I would just let things pass. But when I see one great customer service, I really make noise. I was so close to just ignoring the 'so-so' customer service we got from this place but I guess I couldn't because it was what kept our conversation going.

The lady cashier took my order. She seemed in a hurry and she never looked at me. When I talk to people (even strangers) I look them in the eye. I asked her questions about the food am ordering, the wifi password and other things and she would look at me briefly and do something else. I actually felt like I was disturbing her. 

Next scene - the coffee Jem got was extremely hot but nobody warned him about it. What's even worse was when we had to ask for everything we need - everything, one at a time!

A couple of days prior to this food trip, I brought my niece and family to Shakey's in Maysilo and  I was blown away by the great customer service I got from their crew. I noticed that Shakey's offers good customer service training to their people because the service I get seems to be the same in all branches. I commended the crew. It was really great.

You see, it is one thing to do your job - get payments, hand over receipts, give a spoon and open a door. But it is also another thing to do it with attitude

Smile when you hand over the receipt, be grateful to your customers who are the very reasons you have a job, keep a good tone when you talk to them, it could be your 100th customer but it could also be your customer's only relaxing day. Look them in the eye. Don't wait for customers to ask what they need, you should know what they need. If they order a bread and you place it on a plate, you know they're gonna need a table napkin or a tissue paper or a fork and a knife. Don't wait for them to ask for it. 


I work for a company where my job is to train people to provide excellent customer service. I also have very high respect for any type of job. You can say that my standards are too high. But to me, it only becomes high when yours is low. The standards that I know of are merely the good customer service standards - no more, no less and non-negotiable. Maybe it is what we need to make our services world class. If we think that these standards are too high then maybe it's time to put it a notch higher. With the kind of hospitality that we Filipinos innately have? It shouldn't be much of an effort. 

J.CO donuts got my heart. The donuts are tender and the flavors are to die for.

 I will definitely come back ... for the donuts. 


_ E  N  D  _ 

J.CO Philippines
SM Megamall
HOOP: 8AM - end of mall hours
Facebook: See this link
Website: See this link





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...