20 July, 2012

Travel Snippets: Laguna de Apoyo, Nicaragua

Photo taken by Peter Traña.
When life gets tough, travel has always been my go-to therapy. There is something about traveling that God reveals before my eyes that I don't get anywhere else.

I am so blessed to have been given a chance to travel to Nicaragua twice. In both visits, I have found astounding places ; one of which is, Laguna de Apoyo.



Laguna de Apoyo (Apoyo Lagoon) is located between Masaya and Granada in Nicaragua, Central America. It was also declared as a natural reserve. A natural reserve is a protected area which is usually managed by a local environment group to conserve its riches.

It was said that this crater was formed some 23, 000 years ago. A tragic volcanic explosion created an amazingly serene sight. The said explosion created a hole which was eventually filled by water and, its surrounding, with vegetation. Some believe it can heal. 


Taken August 29, 2009
I have been to this place more than twice during my stay in Nicaragua. There is something serene and assuring about this place that merely looking at it takes my breath away. Photos can never give justice to its real beauty.

With my Filaguan sisters, Agnes and Vanessa
September 7, 2009

With my good friend, Jhunnie.
Post-edited a photo taken by Peter Traña.
February 28, 2010
There's another favorite lagoon I have been to in Nica, it's called Tiscapa. It is just as breathtaking as Apoyo only there's less visitors. It is more for the more adventurous as it offers a canopy zip line tour. I went here on the last day of my first trip and didn't really have the time to go for this adventure. Nevertheless, I wasn't shortchanged at all. 



Image not mine.
See signature of photo owner.  







1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...