14 July, 2012

39: 'Me'

Swensen's
July 14, 2012
Food and Thoughts No. 39




I didn’t make it to work yesterday. I needed some time off. Things have not been going well for me but I wa sustained by God's grace every day. Jem and Thel (two of my very good friends) went to meet me for breakfast. I decided it will also be a good time for me to go somewhere else and have some 'me' time after the breakfast.

Jem was nice enough to give me company on my way to the Mall of Asia. It's his way home too. We went around the mall for an hour or so and when I found the right place I want to spend the whole afternoon in, we stayed for a load of sweet in Swensen's. 

We ordered the following: 




Crispy cocktail P265- 

A crispy waffle basket served w/ tropical fruits & top w/ almonds.




Iced Lemon Tea @ P65- 

When I was already comfortable with where I was I let Jem leave so he can also have some rest. I had a good one last night. Besides, I know I am ready for my 'me' time.



My 'me' time is nothing special but a combination of  a good book, a cup of coffee or good food outside the comforts of my home, and a peaceful mind. While others have trouble dining out alone, I find a different kind of peace in doing it. Like I said on a previous post, I believe every one should experience this at least once in their lives. 
You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and attention. - Buddha

Cafe Mocha @P85




E N D


Swensen's

Mall Of Asia
HOOP: Mall Hours

Facebook: See this link.

All photos were from Jem. They were post-edited.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...