20 July, 2012

Travel Snippets: Strawberry Farm, La Trinidad Benguet PH


Do you like strawberries? 
Do you like strawberry shake or strawberry jam? 
Have you tasted strawberry taho in Baguio?
How about picking your strawberries straight from the farm? 
You should.

On a business trip to Baguio in 2009, I made sure this became a part of my itinerary. I, also, invited one of my brothers to come over so he can celebrate his birthday since he hasn't been to Baguio.

The Strawberry Farm is located in La Trinidad, Benguet, which is just a few minutes away from Baguio. As you travel to La Trinidad, you will get to see these houses erected on the mountain slopes of the municipality. You wonder how it survived raging storms in the past. I tell you, it is a sight to see.



March 27, 2009 
You can make your strawberry shopping easy by just buying from the vendors around the farm. They sell it in baskets. See this photo taken from one of my recent trips there.


With Erika and Joy
(Sugar, Bryce and Liz are not on the photo)
March 6, 2011
 
March 27, 2009 
I opted to experience it rather than just buy it.


March 27, 2009 


With my brother, Denver.
March 27, 2009
 

I was curious about the nutrients one can get from strawberries:

According to the Fruit Nutrient Chart of healthalternatives one cup of whole strawberries contains 0.96 grams of proteins, 46 calories, and 2.9 grams of dietary fiber. It also has potassium, calcium, iron, vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C and E. You can do more research to find out more. 

Getting all these nutrients and the wonder of the experience of picking your own strawberries, you get twice the fun for a few more pesos.

I'm glad I got the chance to see and experience La Trinidad Strawberry Farm. With the tropical weather of my country, this may be the only place I can do it since strawberries naturally grow only in highland places. 

This strawberry farm has gone through storms, floods and bad weathers. But it always amazingly rises proud, beautiful and sweet. Every time I visit, I always wonder how the farmers must have felt every time the land is destroyed by a calamity. Then when I get to taste this flavorful fruit, I am reminded of the resiliency of Filipinos. We always rise above any storm. We bend, crawl and tighten our belts when we have to but we never give up life. We never give up trying again and again. 

We always come out victorious and we never let go of our belief that life is, just like the strawberries, sweet.

Proud of the handful strawberries I picked.
March 27, 2009


1 comment:

  1. super like! now im cravin' for strawberries..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...