21 May, 2012

31: Just the same:

Lomi King
Batangas, PH
May 19, 2012
Project: Food & Thoughts No. 31


After a very long road trip to nowhere *winks* , we opted to sit down and stuff ourselves with food before heading back to Manila. We tried Lomi King because of its inviting cozy ambience and the convenient location.


We ordered the following:

Special Lomi @ P60 (good for 2)

Rice Topping


Toffee Coffee @ P98-

Banana Nut Mocha @ P68- 

Almond Coffee Freeze @ P98- 

Prior to getting our ordered food, I sat beside a family's table as I wait for my friends. There's Mom and her 4 kids - eldest is a girl who is, probably, 15 years old, next is a boy who might be 13 and then the two adorable young boys who are, probably, 5 and 7. The Mom said, "We are having a dinner out because we should have a meeting. We need to talk about our roles here. Kuya needs to look after ... " 

I am not comfortable eavesdropping so I moved to another table after a few minutes. What I heard was enough to know this is worth sharing. 

This brought me back to childhood. My father used to do this all the time. He doesn't really bring us to expensive restos because we don't have money to do that then. But the effect it gave us is just the same. Every night before we sleep, he will gather us all and talk to us about what happened during the day. Then we will pray together. We take turns in praying. There are times when, like those two kids in the restaurant, I don't pay attention or I don't take it seriously or my brothers would start pinching each other while praying. But it wasn't the habit or the rule that mattered, it was the conversation, my father's leadership and us praying together that made it worth remembering. 
" Train up a child in the way he should go,so when he is old he will not depart from it."        - Proverbs 22:6





_E N D_

Lomi King
Lipa City, Batangas PH
HOOP: 930AM - 930PM
See other entries to the segment Food and Thoughts from this link.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...