08 May, 2012

Letters to The Circle: They will wait for us.

Image created by Clem Jimenez.

Dear Project Tenfold Circle,

When Monday shift ended, I was exhausted. Work has been crazy lately but I am happy. A friend told me busy means job security. His advice helps me get through tough times at work. I couldn’t wait to hit the sack but remembered I had to scan some documents to be sent to Paypal, post the school supplies we still need for the I Saved a Meal for the Aeta project, coordinate with the liaison officer for our government documents among other things. Just the thought of all the things I needed to do made me more tired so I fell asleep.

When I woke up, I checked my mail. I have been in constant communication with Ptr. Wilson Ladrigan, Senior Pastor of the Aeta community we are about to visit. We have been ironing out the plans for the big day. There was one line from his email that touched my heart. He said, “We are praying for your visit here on June 9.”  

Photo by Jeff Arellano. 
It humbled my heart. I don’t live a grandiose life and there are things that I want to have but don’t get to. However, I have everything I need – a house, a family, good friends, a stable career, food and shelter. What we promised these Aeta kids when we first visited was to bring them a bag of a few school supplies. It was just a simple gift compared to what the shelter really needs but it means everything to them.

From my email conversations with Ptr. Wilson, I felt the gratitude, humility, anticipation, excitement, and most of all, the hope and faith that our project will come to pass. I have told him many times that, like them, we only rely on faith - faith that God will provide, faith that  He will touch the hearts of people to help. We really have nothing much to give. From then on, he has never stopped telling me how he has been praying for and with us.

I know that the anticipation, excitement and hope doesn’t just come from Ptr. Wilson. I (and some of you) have been there and have seen how adorable and grateful the kids are. I know that as they enjoy the company of their families in the mountains for vacation, they will never forget our promise. They will wait for us.

They will wait for us. 
Photo by Jeff Arellano. 


I know doing good can be tiring sometimes. It eats up the time that we’re supposed to be spending for ourselves.  It also, at times, empties our wallets. It is a decision to make every day. No one is forced to participate and we merely rely on each other’s generosity – generosity to share time, money and effort. It can be tiring sometimes. I get tired, too, but the thought of how faithful God has been in my life humbles me and gets me through. I hope it does the same to you.

Let us not get tired. Let’s not give up! Let us always keep in mind, every time we get tired of doing this, that an Aeta kid, along with his family, is waiting for us to arrive on June 9 with a bag of school supplies - a bag that contains his dreams and his hopes that he will make it in the future. Every time we get tired, let’s not forget that we are doing this for the One who has given us the grace to do this.  
Let us not become weary of doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. – Galatians 6:9


Tenfold love and blessings,

Fox
The Project Tenfold Circle
"Help Us Help You Help Others"







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...