14 May, 2014

Consumer Tip: It Pays to Check Your Bills

A few months back, I called my DSL provider to inquire about a charge appearing on my bill that doesn't sit well on me. The charge says Super Bundle. I do not remember ever subscribing to the said package. I remember that I included the caller ID feature on my application. I am very particular in the bills that I pay. I always make sure that I know what am paying for. I was told by the representative that the charge was a package of call features such as caller id, call forwarding, three-way, speed dial, etc. It costs P120/mo versus the feature I signed up for, which is P50/mo. I do not need the other features so there is no need for me to pay for them.

I complained and asked if there was a communication sent to inform customers of this package. The representative said that it was free for the first three months but will automatically be charged monthly if the customer do not cancel. Now, that's not a new story to me! It's funny how they just charge it to all landline users even those whose phones do not even have the capability of a caller ID etc. They should have at least upgraded the units of their subscribers before charging; or simply put, they should have asked the customer's buy in first.

If I had not called to remove it, I would have been charged P70 more every month.

I never had issues with this provider. I mean when I encounter problems, I usually get an immediate response and action, which I appreciate. But it will not stop me from checking my bill always.

It pays to check the bills you pay. Make sure you only pay for what you really use. Get rid of the hidden charges. Ask.






I first posted this entry here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...