24 May, 2014

Travel Talk: Bring something home.

On a previous entry I wrote about how I used to collect shot glasses, flags, ref magnets, and paper money when I travel. In the long run, I reckoned that I collect too many things. I settled with the easier to acquire collectibles – paper money and ref magnets. On a separate entry, I told you about the paper bills I have collected so far. On this entry, let me tell you the ref magnets I have on collected so far. They are as follows (in no particular order):

A. Places from the Philippines

Philippines
Sagada
Windmill, Ilocos Norte
Hundred Islands
Bacolod
Naga
Vigan
World Partners, Every Nation
Bicol
Anawangin Cove
Bohol
Dumaguete
UP
Palawan Wildlife Rescue and Conservation Center
Guimaras
Tuguegarao
Cebu
Callao Cave
Paoay Church
Pagudpud Beach
Palawan
CWC
Siquijor
Baguio
El Nido
Baler
Trappist Monastery, Guimaras
Camiguin
Marinduque
Cagayan de Oro
Iwahig Prison and Penal Farm
Bolinao

B. Other Countries

Canada
Aruba
Thailand
Washington DC
Vietnam
Nicaragua
Malaysia
Dominican Republic
Mount Kinabalu
Nagoya, Japan
Virginia
Los Angeles
Red Light District, Amsterdam
New York Police Department
Detroit
Costa Rica
Sri Lanka
Sentosa, SG
Qatar
SPCA, VA
South Africa, EN Collection

Some were given to me as gifts such as the ones from Canada, NY, LA, Sri Lanka, Los Angeles, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, and Qatar. I have never been to those places but seeing them on my fridge door tells me that, maybe, one day I will. I lost my HK magnet and couldn’t find any in Panama airport when I was there. If you can send me one, it would be great!

When you travel, bring something with you home. It does not have to be expensive. Its purpose is just to remind you of that one time of your life when you or your loved one has set your/their foot on a different place. Just that idea is almost magical to me.



I first posted this entry on this site.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...