05 May, 2014

Travel Talk : Know the Rules



Last January, a good friend of mine asked me for some travel tips. It will be her first time to travel outside the country. None of her companions has gone out of the country, too. I was glad to help.

This isn't the first time someone approached me for travel tips. Not that I am an expert but I do travel a lot. When I get the question, my world usually stops for a moment and I can no longer stop talking. I love to travel. I compiled all the tips I gave her and the ones I gave my other friends, which I learned from my own experiences and mishaps, in one long list. Surprisingly, I was able to write a long post about it.

I'm going to share it one at a time. This is in no particular order.

KNOW THE RULES: If you are traveling to a foreign country. Be street smart. Research on basic street rules and or laws. For example, in Singapore, littering is a big NO! You can get a fine as big as USD1000 for throwing a chewing gum anywhere except the trash bin. If you smoke, know the local smoking rules.

Any particular street rule a traveler should know before visiting your country?





I originally posted this entry here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...