08 May, 2014

Travel Talk : Travel Green with a Handy Soap


I love going out of town on a weekend; the only spare time I have for it, really. It's a little bit hard to go on long leaves from work. It used to take me so much time preparing for a travel. But as I got used to it, things were easier. I have a travel kit that's always ready-to-go.

One of the items on my travel kit, is a bar of soap, which is usually placed inside a plastic wrap that can get messy after use. I used to bring new soap bars but realized that it is too big for a short travel. Most I know end up leaving it. The mess it causes inside the travel kit can be a challenge. Carrying a soap dish can take too much space for a 2-day travel. Relying on hotel soap may not be safe, especially if you have sensitive skin. Soap bags in stores can be expensive. I, at one point, went for shower gels. But it also means having to bring loofah or a scrub, which defeats the purpose of traveling light.

Two years ago, while preparing for a short trip to the beach, an idea came to mind while I was dumping something to the trash can.

See the photo above? What do you do with those almost-consumed soap bars inside your bathroom? Do you dispose them and replace with a new one right away? Don't. Use it as your handy soap for the next short travel.


Where to put it? Well, I use those Mentos canisters. They're small, in fun colors, transparent (just peel off the stickers), and has tight lock. I use it for my travel soap, cotton buds, jewelries (so they don't get mixed up), baby powder, etc.


You saved money and bag space. You recycled and traveled conveniently. 



I originally posted about this here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...