15 May, 2014

THINK GREEN: I Sort.


We complain a lot about how hot it is, or how polluted the air is, or how dirty some places are but we do not see how irresponsible we can be inside our very own households.

Waste management starts in us. Sort your waste. It's easier than it sounds.

Divide your waste into two - biodegradable and non-biodegradable.

I keep all my paper waste and recycle them as lining to my pets' litter box.

I place all leftoever food from the table or the kitchen sink in one bag.

I keep all plastic containers in one bag and give it to someone who can sell it for extra money. The containers are recycled for another use.

Before I dispose the waste, everything is sorted our accordingly. Sounds great, right?!

But I am just one person. There are six families living in the building where I stay and probably hundreds in the community I stay in. Imagine if all of us learn and actually sort our wastes, what a better world!

I sort. Do you?

I first posted this entry on this site.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...