31 January, 2014

A Change of Heart


I went to get a pedicure before going home. This plan had been delayed by days. The last few days have been heavy at work. When I get home, all I wanted to do was meet my bed. Today, I decided to be extra awake.

I was assigned to an attendant I was not familiar with. It's a favorite nail salon. I usually get assigned to someone I already had an appointment with before.

I smiled at her. She didn't smile back. I assumed she didn't see what I did. The session started. I heard her murmur. I sort of assumed she was talking about how small my fingers are and it might be difficult to put on French Tip art. I did not complain about her comment. I usually get that comment, only always with a smile and sweet tone, never did sound a complain. I always go for a French Tip. I was never adventurous with nail art. I just want clean-looking nails.

She would utter a word or two, throw a question or two that I can't hear. I decided to answer her with a smile always. I decided to also look her in the eye when she looks up. I checked her name. It took me some time to get a clear view of her ID. I initially wanted to send feedback to management about her attitude. But as we interacted, she softened. She became more caring and voice was softer. She gave a snicker or two. She went an extra mile of helping me dry my nails. I said she can leave me while I let it dry. She didn't want to until I pushed her to, so she can serve other customers.

She had a change of heart. I did, too. It was a good ending, a better one.

As a result, I gave myself a treat. I bought a half mango roll cake to celebrate my decision.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...