09 January, 2014

The China Project - Entry 2


I want to go to China and spend a week there this year. My friends and I have already booked a one-way flight but  with my meager income, I may not be able to fund the whole travel so I came up with a game plan. I suggest you read about the whole story from the first entry of this series first. Click this.

Aside from the saving, I have started the "earning" part, baby steps. With the help of another friend who volunteered to do the cooking, we started with small meals.

Day One - Four pcs of Cheesified French Toast.

Beautifully wrapped in brown paper bags they were sold for P25 each. I see it to it that my prices are enough as everyone is trying to save money. My buyers are usually my friends, two of which will also join me in the trip so I can't jack up the price. 

Here's one photo of a friend who bought one. 


Day Two - 4 packed meals with pork and egg, sweets, pineapple, and rice, for P50 each.



This was both a learning and a touching experience for me. Due to an unforeseen circumstance, I was told that the pork was marinated longer than it should have so it ended too salty. It was a learning experience.

What's touching? My friends, who were honest to give me the feedback, still ate and enjoyed the meal. Good thing it goes with sweets and pineapple bits to give balance.

I felt responsible for what has happened so I am giving the four buyers a sweet treat later tonight to apologize. I will post the photos on the 3rd entry.

While preparing what's next on the menu, an interesting thought came. Maybe this project isn't just about saving and earning money for China. Maybe there will be something more to it. Am looking forward to it.




2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to try the next one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy - thank you for dropping by my blog. Will update you of the next. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...