06 January, 2014

The China Project


If you have been following my blog, you would have probably noticed how passionate I am about traveling. My view of traveling is summed up in one of my entries (link). I said,

Traveling is more than just booking a flight, grabbing that backpack and all the travel items that go with it. It is tastier than trying new food and braver than jumping off the cliff.
I believe traveling is a journey for the soul. It is a phenomenal opportunity to walk, fly, run and swim the world we live in. It lets us discover God's awesomeness in each person we meet and in each place we go to. It generously allows us to rediscover ourselves during the process. It sends us back home with a grateful heart and desire to do it again. It leaves us in awe making us grateful for life and the air we breathe. It humbles us to see the dominion of God's grace over all the earth and beyond and how they all work together in harmony. 
And above all, just like what it continuously does to any traveler, it shows us how little we are yet equally reminds us of how precious we really are. 
I have been blessed to have been given opportunities to travel. I make it a point to be able to do some traveling - no matter how short or long, near or far, at least once every two months. While some of you spend much on new apparels, or after-work drinking, my friends and I travel. The money I earn isn't much. It's just enough to pay the rent, the bills, the needs, and a little bit of travel if I know how to save well. All the international travels I got to do (except the Malaysia trip last November) were all business trips, which I am very grateful for. If it was just from my meager income, am not sure if I will be able to travel outside the country.

Last year, I was able to do 15 travels, which beat my goal by notches. Part of my bucket list (link) is to travel to China. I haven't. I adore this country. I think it has one of the most interesting and colorful cultures in the whole world. I have been praying for it. I know my God can provide. I have faith, however, faith without action is dead. You gotta help me travel to China! I want to spend a week in China this year. My friends and I have already booked a one-way trip. Step one, done! What's next? Save and earn money for my accommodation, return flight, tourist visa, and other expenses I'd like to share with my friends.

Here's the game plan:

A. SAVE. - Cut on other expenses like buying things I DO NOT need and save money.

    Two ways to do this: 


    Coin Bank - Got this with a group of friends over a year ago but have not been able to use it. When I got     this, I did say, I'd use it to save for China. Looks like it will happen and it should. Everyday, I drop all the     P5 and P10 coins I have in my wallet.


    SAVE Challenge with Friends - It is so much easier and fun to save when you do it with friends. We         came up with a good plan to do this. A plan that doesn't put too much pressure on saving and will not           make us feel we are depriving ourselves of the good things but will surely make us harvest fruits in the           future.


B. EARN - If I will just rely on my savings, I may not be able to make it. I gotta earn. With the help of friends, I will sell whatever I can sell - food, sandwich, travel bags, great finds, old and new items, whatever I can sell. If you buy any of it and as long as you see this photo below, it's going to the China Project and you are helping a whole lot. I thank you in advance. Please? Help me travel to China.




C. YOU FUND MY TRAVEL. If you are feeling generous today and you would like to support my zest for travel adventures. Feel free to support me. I have a Chinabank savings account and I can give you the details. Email this blog through myembry@gmail.com.

D. PRAY FOR AND WITH ME. Nothing beats prayer. The Bible says if there are two or more people gathered in His name, He will be there. Join my faith. Help me realize a dream.

If ever I die before the set travel, the funds shall still go to its purpose. There's six of us. :) Rest assured that all of you will be recognized. I will, also, regularly update you of the progress of this project.

Thank you and God bless your generosity.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...