01 January, 2014

Love is a Verb, Here in my Room

Image not mine.
It's the first day of the new year. Hearts are brimming with happiness. There's something about the noise of the new year's eve celebration that brings healing to all kinds of pains, be it temporary or for good. It does bring one important thing - HOPE. 

It is that time of the season again when people start to come up with all kinds of new year's resolutions - lose weight, save more, start afresh. You've tried it, we all have. We also know that after a week or two (or less), most of us lose focus. Most of the time, none of these ever come to pass. 

BUT just because that's what happens most of the time doesn't mean we take the action for granted. We all wish and pray for a thing or two to happen this new year and along with it are our action plans. Some of us loudly tell of it through our social networking sites. Some share it with family and/or friends. Some are happy sharing it with just one person. Some keep it in their hearts, quietly, deeply, and passionately. Inside each of these individuals is HOPE.

I don't have a list of the things I want to do this year, just like I don't last year but it was a great year. Every little thing I wanted for 2013, I got. I  hope and know that, with God's grace, 2014 will give more. I have a faith goal that go with it. It is summed up by a line from a song by Incubus - 

Love is a verb here in my room.

I want LOVE to be an action word in my life - to love God, family, friends, animals, the environment, and the whole world, in all possible ways I can.When you love, you do what's right and what's good. You don't hurt and you think of yourself less. This year, I will LOVE and, with God's grace, I will have the capacity to love the whole world because He first loved me.

If you read this entry again, you will notice that there are only three things we need to make things happen - Love, Faith and Hope. Even the Bible says that all things will come to pass and only those three will remain.


Read related entry from this link.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...