25 January, 2012

The Grace to win the Race


The Grace to win the Race

Dec. 17, 2011
Batangas, PH

After the 7-Day Prayer and Fasting, I hit rock bottom.
You read it right. I did. Ironic as it may sound, it is true.

Ptr. Robert was right; we will hit walls after walls after walls. I did not know it will start right after that week. I was empty and with no sense of direction. For days, I was detached from who I am. Worse, I stopped seeking Him. I was too afraid to make a mistake and too careful to even move. I was lost.

Today, I chose to move.

330AM. “I can do this”, I bravely told myself.

I geared up, went out and ran for an hour. I ran and ran until I could feel the warmth of the sweat on my nape against the very cold air. I ran like it was the last and stopped when I can no longer catch my breath. It was on my 4th round that I noticed I wasn’t alone. I was with this very old man slowly walking with what seemed to be improvised walking cane made out of wood, rubber and used clothing. He had probably been there even before I arrived. He was very slow and my four rounds could probably have been his one round. He smiled at me as if he had seen me pass by him many times. I was so preoccupied to notice. Plus I don’t really smile to strangers especially while running in the wee hours of the morning.

My pacing became slower after I noticed him. I became aware of the faces of the people I pass by. I heard the ‘taho’ vendor. I saw the dog crossing the street and stopped to ensure it manages to. I smiled at the sight of three old ladies on their slippers about to start their ‘morning jog’. I saw a familiar face, a former neighbor. I saw the old man again and this time I smiled back.

I was humbled. The Lord made me realized that I don’t have to always run to win the race. I can walk and then run again after gaining the strength I need. I can be a little bit slow and see things clearly. I can enjoy the ride. I can walk and still finish the race. I do not have to be in a hurry all the time.

As long as I don’t stop, I know that with God’s grace, the end to this race is guaranteed victory.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...