23 January, 2012

3: Second Chances






Second Chances
2012 Food Trip # 3:
Best Friends
Mandaluyong City, PH
January 22, 2012

Please read this link first (2012 Food Trips) if you haven't .




I see this restaurant every day but have not tried dining here until yesterday after church. Best Friends is known for serving affordable Filipino and Chinese food. I just remembered now that I am writing this that today is Chinese New Year and eating here yesterday was perfect timing.

I asked what their specialty is and tried it. I got myself the Paresio (Pares + siomai). I did not know what Pares is. According to Wikipedia, (I feel bad having to research what it really is, when it is a local cuisine) Pares is a dish originating in the Philippines and literally means 'pair'. It is a combination of beef stew and a bowl of soup served with rice and of course Siomai is pork dumpling served in dim sum.

Paresio priced at P80+.

To complete my food trip, I ordered black gulaman - a favorite Filipino beverage.

Gulaman @ P20+.

With Thel after church.
It was also in this food trip that Thel and I got to talk about how God can give everyone of us a second chance to fix our lives, forget the past and face the future with so much hope and faith coming from the One and Only Source. 

By the way, this is our second meal for that day. Haha! 

Until next food trip!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...