13 January, 2012

2012 Food Trips


2012 Food Trips

Image borrowed from http://www.clipartguide.com
I originally wanted 100 because it (well, sort of) has a grand sense of accomplishment in the way it sounds. However, I also thought of being closer to reality as much as I can. 

I love to eat. This year, I thought of trying new food experiences. When you work at night, your choices of restaurants are only limited to the 24-hour food chains we see around. When you live on your own, cooking isn’t really practical so I want to broaden my hunger this year.

I want to try 100 50 restaurants/food chains/eatery that I haven’t experienced and write about it here. However, I have the following disclaimers:

1.     I am not a good cook and my taste buds do not work like my mom’s (I learned this from a tv show – my ‘not-being-able-to-cook-well’ is not a disability. It has something to do with my taste buds.)
2.     I am not a food critic. Do not expect that I will talk about how one taste explodes in my mouth and how it complements the other ingredients that are already in my mouth, whew! Not my thing, I’m sorry.
3.     Asking you to join me doesn’t mean I am paying for your food. Treat this as a regular lunch or dinner or breakfast where you have to pay for your own and I pay for mine.
4.     No. 3 does not mean I will not allow you to pay for my food. Of course, you are free to invite me and pay for mine.
 5. I don't have plans of pigging out and spending my hard-earned money just on food. You can discount the idea that I will be dropping by expensive places. I can even go street food if I my lazy taste buds dictate so. 
6.     I will not eat dogs or other food that I am not familiar with. My food adventure does not equal to trying all. I just want to experience new restaurants and write about it. I decide for my tummy, you don’t. 
7.     If you have a restaurant and you are willing to sponsor my meal (and a friend’s maybe) feel free to invite me thru my blog’s email myembry@gmail.com or better yet, write a comment to this blog entry with your resto's contact details and map. I hope I can go.
8.     My rule is to have fun and be grateful for the experience. Make it yours too when you join me.


God is good all the time. Life is, too, when we are with Him all the time.

Itadakimasu! Bon appetit! Selamat makan! Jemput makan! Buen provecho! Kainan na!





3 comments:

  1. hahahaha i can invite you for vietnamese food its healthy and one of my fave now a days

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey jae! i would love that. *excited

    ReplyDelete
  3. sobra di tayo tataba duon hehehehe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...