25 January, 2012

4: Unplanned and Brave


Unplanned and Brave
WHAM Burgers
Megamall, PH
January 25, 2012
Project: Food & Thoughts No. 4



Now, this is a real adventure – unplanned and brave.


I went to Megamall today to do an errand.  My goal is to finish the errand and go home. However, I was determined not to let the day pass without my 2012 Food Trip #4.

You see, I don’t really have problems eating alone in public places. I know a friend who even cries when she eats alone so she would rather suffer from hunger to wait for company. I believe everyone should experience it at least once in their lives. I have always believed that this fear (of eating alone) goes back to childhood, maybe from a feeling of abandonment. But, that’s a totally different story.

I scouted the restaurants nearest to where I need to go and found WHAM Burgers to be the most interesting at that moment.


WHAM Burger @P119
I ordered a Wham Burger for P119 and a glass of pineapple juice for P40. I waited for about 15 minutes. Good thing I brought this book that I started reading last night and couldn’t seem to let go of. It was a Christmas gift from my brother and his wife.

The wait is worth it. The burger was the juiciest I have tasted so far. It was also hot when served. I could see the smoke in every bite. The best part was every time I get to the roasted part of the patty. Yum yum!

It was fun. I got to eat on my own (which isn’t exactly a first but I still give credit to myself for being brave), read a book and enjoy some ‘me’ time.




Until the next food trip!


Related posts: See all 2012 Food Trips so far - here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...