08 January, 2012

Letters to the Circle: Isaiah 61


Official logo designed by Clem Jimenez & Danesa Mauro.


Last Friday, January 6th, I must have interrupted a very busy Friday for all the Tenfold Leaders by sending this overwhelming message to their emails. Friday to us, at work, is the new Monday. I was on leave so I do have all the time in the world. Here’s the email:

Dear Tenfold Leaders,

Yeah, this is long! So, do not read it yet if you do not have the time. :) I have been waiting for the right time to share this and I think that time is TODAY.

Months ago, I had a dream. I have briefly mentioned this to a friend.  As you can remember, my bed is located beside my only window. I keep the window open especially at night because I like the light the street post gives at night when all my lights are turned off (also saves energy, ha!). I can't remember what the activities were that day but I knew it was a tiring day so I fell asleep really fast and left my friend reading. I had a dream about someone (I can't figure out who it was.) who told me to wake up and get my Bible and read about what the Lord wants for Project Tenfold. In a snap, I found myself awake. Trying to figure out if I was indeed already awake, I looked at my friend who was sleeping like a baby. Remembering my dream, I immediately reached out for my Bible placed under my bed and opened it. With the light from the street post outside, I read these verses:

Isaiah 61

The Year of the LORD’s Favor

1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, 
   because the LORD has anointed me 
   to proclaim good news to the poor. 
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted
   to proclaim freedom for the captives 
   and release from darkness for the prisoners,
2 to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor 
   and the day of vengeance of our God, 
to comfort all who mourn
 3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion— 
to bestow on them a crown of beauty 
   instead of ashes, 
the oil of joy 
   instead of mourning, 
and a garment of praise 
   instead of a spirit of despair. 
They will be called oaks of righteousness, 
   a planting of the LORD 
   for the display of his splendor.

4 They will rebuild the ancient ruins 

   and restore the places long devastated
they will renew the ruined cities 
   that have been devastated for generations. 
Strangers will shepherd your flocks; 
   foreigners will work your fields and vineyards. 
6 And you will be called priests of the LORD; 
   you will be named ministers of our God
You will feed on the wealth of nations, 
   and in their riches you will boast.

7 Instead of your shame 

   you will receive a double portion, 
and instead of disgrace 
   you will rejoice in your inheritance. 
And so you will inherit a double portion in your land, 
   and everlasting joy will be yours.
8 “For I, the LORD, love justice; 

   I hate robbery and wrongdoing. 
In my faithfulness I will reward my people 
   and make an everlasting covenant with them. 
9 Their descendants will be known among the nations 
   and their offspring among the peoples. 
All who see them will acknowledge 
   that they are a people the LORD has blessed.”
10 I delight greatly in the LORD; 

   my soul rejoices in my God. 
For he has clothed me with garments of salvation 
   and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness, 
as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, 
   and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. 
11 For as the soil makes the sprout come up 
   and a garden causes seeds to grow, 
so the Sovereign LORD will make righteousness 
   and praise spring up before all nations.


I knew I was going to forget about it. Using my marker, I highlighted the verses. Because there was not enough light, I pressed the marker harder as it seemed like it wasn't working. The next morning, I remembered and showed it to my friend, I was laughing a little bit, since the highlights turned out to be too bright. I bet you won't miss it. I knew that it means something but I kind of ignored it. Now that I think about it, maybe He wants me to show me something but it was too early to understand it.

Today I was reminded of this Chapter, Isaiah 61. It was a promise to Project Tenfold. It is a promise to us or maybe, it is my vision and prayer for us all. Historically, Isaiah was written years and years ago and it is a book about the restoration of Israel but I believe God's word applies to the past, the present and the future. 

You see, Project Tenfold isn't just a charity org. I hope that we all understand that we don't just give donations or money or time. We do more than that. God wants us to do more than that. He wants to use us to show others that He is God - bring hope to the hopeless and help the helpless in our own little ways; send the message that God's grace is never-ending and in the end He, and He alone, gets the glory and not us. He could have chosen anyone else – someone rich who can afford P1M to start a Foundation but He chose us. He could have chosen those with connections to famous people and media but He chose us. It is both magical and practical. Could it be that He has plans that we don't understand at the moment? I claim it. My faith, which I get from Him, claims it. I hope you do too. You don't have to fast to claim it. You can just pray this prayer with me:

FATHER,  
You are awesome. You own everything in this world - the air we breathe, the food we eat, the clothes we wear, the house we live in and the people to share it with. Thank you for your faithfulness every single day even if we don't deserve it. 
Thank you for choosing us to be part of Project Tenfold. You could have chosen others whom we think can be worthy of doing this but You chose us for reasons we may not clearly understand yet. We don't have all the money in the world. We have bills to pay. We don't earn that much. However, we are in faith that if You want something done, You will also provide. Bless us every day so that we may have enough. Bless us more every day that we may have something to share to our brothers and sisters. We know that You chose us because You want us to experience your overflowing blessings for 2012.  
Give us the strength and the grace to do what You want us to do. To bestow unto others a crown of beauty instead of ashes, to bind the brokenhearted, to free the captives, to release those hiding from the darkness of hopelessness, to rebuild what was ruined and restore places which were devastated.  Provide us with people who will shepherd our flocks and work our fields and vineyards.  
Make us your ministers of good will and grace. Feed us with the wealth of nations. Give us your DOUBLE portion so our one hand receives it and the other shares it. Allow us to rejoice in Your inheritance. Give us your everlasting joy as we give it to others. Reward us with Your grace and the people we love.  
Most of all, we pray that in the end of all these, people will acknowledge that we are the people whom You have blessed and all the glory and honor and praises belong to YOU alone.  
In Jesus’ name we pray. AMEN.

- End of the email- 

This may sound like an insurmountable task. To our human minds, it is! But nothing is impossible with God and whatever the Lord wants to happen, prayers are NEVER in vain. So, dream with me, hope with me, have faith with me, wish with me and pray with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...